How to Survive STRESS Eating through the Holidays
By Shannon Eggleston
If you stress eat, ask yourself “what is my stress?”
- Breathe, take 10 deep breaths…
- To feel better NOW think:
- Pray… look into yourself and ask for help. Food isn’t going to change it. Ask yourself “what is the trigger?”
If it is just stress then food isn’t going to change it.
- If you’re Hungry, eat something good for you.
- If you’re Angry, walk around the block, punch a pillow. Anger is physical, let it out.
- If you’re Lonely, call someone, write a letter… Dial and smile =). Have a list of friends, mentors, 12 step partners, Board of Directors.
- If your Tired, it is easier to be frustrated, crabby, unhappy and upset. Lie down and go to sleep. Sleep 8 hours a night. If you can’t sleep, lie down and read something good.
- Drink water. Sometimes our bodies are thirsty and we think we are hungry. Side effects of thirsty are: tired, lazy, slow, dry skin, dry mouth, lazy eyes, headaches and craving sweets.
Read more healthy and helpful tips in our learning center.